Friday 12 April 2013

Day 15: Admiring my face

Pain in Jaw: 2/10

So i'm running out of things to write, since jaw surgery has reduced my social life to being non-existant. But i'm adamant i'm going to blog everyday, until I'm past the stages of recovery and I can relax a little. I'll only regret it in the future if I don't! So if i'm boring you with pointless posts; I do apologize.

Today felt like a massive battle with my brain. I went into town for the first time since surgery - a step up from ASDA I must say. Automatically I felt myself hiding my side-view face, as I usually would as discretely as I can without physically putting a bag over my head (especially when crossing roads), to then remind myself that i've actually HAD jaw surgery, and HAVE a decent side profile now, and I don't need to be so self-conscious of it anymore!

I remember once upon a time in river island. I hate that shop, and I hate it purely because of their changing rooms. They give an all round angle of your outfit, or in my case, your face. Everytime I walked in there I was more concerned with how awful my side profile looked, how set back my bottom jaw was, than the actual clothes I was trying on, and I longed for surgery to come! Well today I went into another changing room with similar mirrors, and it was incredible to be able to admire my face side on. I even called in my mum so that she could admire it too. (I did buy an outfit though which was infact my dress for my graduation ball).

I also feel like i'm having a battle with body, although I'm glad I went into town I really shouldn't have. Today i've been having extremely dizzy spells, to the point I feel as though i'm going to faint. I also had a weird breathing fit, I walked up a few stairs and at the top I couldn't breathe. It really knocked me back and I had to chill for a while. I guess I underestimated again what surgery in itself can do to your body AND energy levels.

Recently a friend asked me if i'd undergo jaw surgery again, as she said no to surgery a couple of years back, i've said previously that I don't ever want to, but what the heck. Of course I would! I'd do it all again. What the surgeons have done to my jaw structure is incredible, not to mention I can fit all of my teeth together comfortably now, and I feel my confidence growing more and more everyday.

7 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! Your profile is stunning, even *with* all the swelling. You're going to love your face even more every week as the cheek puffiness fades. I looked like the blob at 2 weeks; you look so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic! Your profile is stunning, even *with* all the swelling. You're going to love your face even more every week as the cheek puffiness fades. I looked like the blob at 2 weeks; you look so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm slowly starting to get used to my new face, I can't wait for the swelling to go down! It's a shame it's such a slow process haha!

      Delete
  3. Haha I can totally relate with the mirror thing. I used to hate catching my side profile in all those mirrors in the changing room, ugh. Thank god now I just notice that I actually have a decent profile for once.
    As for dizzy spells I felt weak for a good month or two. I guess all the blood loss takes a really long time to get over.
    You look beautiful. Best of luck on a speedy recovery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's lovely isn't it, finally enjoying those little things in life! :)

      Delete
  4. It's strange, I read your posts sometimes and it's like I'm reading exactly what I'm thinking.. Blogs are amazing as they remind you that others are going through exactly what you are and it makes it a little easier. So happy for you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do find it lovely and comforting knowing theres a whole load of people that have either gone through it or who are going through it with you - it reminds you you're not alone, and there is a light somewhere! I love seeing when other people have finally hit that 6 week mark! Hope you're okay! xx

      Delete