Saturday 13 April 2013

Day 16: Cotton ball cheeks

Pain in Jaw: 2/10

So i've come to the conclusion, after much much thinking, that my lips/talking/moving my mouth feels EXACTLY like having a whole wad of cotton balls shoved in your mouth (especially around your lips and cheeks), making everything difficult!

But then I think of Kanye West, who managed to record his song "Through the Wire" while his jaws were wired together only 2 weeks after reconstructive surgery to his fractured jaws following a car accident. How he managed to do this is beyond me, as I can't even talk properly when i'm just banded closed. Fair play to you!

I also sneezed the first time today since surgery. I was so petrified that I was going to pop a blood vessel and my nose was going to start oozing blood instantly but thankfully it didn't (I sneezed out of my mouth rather than down my nose). Still not allowed to blow my nose though (Preying my hayfever holds off until I can!)





4 comments:

  1. I never knew this, amazing. Growls and grunts was the best I could manage for the first two weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's pretty amazing! Sometimes I'm too lazy to even attempt to talk, because I know people won't understand me anyway! :p

      Delete
  2. Yeah its just a case of waiting for the swelling to go down! Around my lips and cheeks is where I'm most swollen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I found this post :') I'm 12 days post DJS and Genio, and I swear I keep double checking that the surgeon hasn't left any gauze in my mouth or something!! You're absolutely right! It's like I'm in early stages of playing "chubby bunnies", haha! Hope the year has continued to treat you well!
    Best,
    Sally
    www.sallymorganmoore.com

    ReplyDelete