Thursday 4 April 2013

Day 7: One week!

Pain in Jaw: 4/10

So i've made it to one week post-op already! Where has the time gone? It's safe to say that the first couple of days are definitely the worst, my energy is slowly returning, and i'm beginning to feel somewhat 'normal' again.

My swelling seems to have come to a stand still, I don't look that swollen but I feel like a great big puffer fish (a drooling one at that), and it's stopping me from closing my mouth. I know that I still have a long way to go, but the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter, and I know that I would never have made it this far without the help of my amazing family, friends and boyfriend. Love you guys! <3

I apologize in advance mass-photo taking!







11 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Found your blog from JawSurgeryBlog or whatever and I'm honestly jealous of your results! Your look phenomenal considering you had your surgery the same day I had mine. The swelling seemed to go down a lot during days 6/7 and you look great!

    Hope things are going well with you as it's definitely not an easy surgery! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I think I've been extremely lucky on the swelling front, It's not nearly as bad as I expected, but my cheeks are still very puffy!!

      I'm going to go over and take a look at your blog now! It most defo is hard surgery with its own challenges! Hope recovery is being nice to you! :)

      Emma, x.

      Delete
  2. Emma ...

    I think the swelling has gone down quite a bit since I last saw you!!


    Keep your chin up you're doing amazingly!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dani!

      Can't wait to see you again!! Xxx

      Delete
  3. Lookin a lot better! May I ask what was the purpose of the chin bandage that was on right after surgery?

    You look well on the way back to normal-ness, save for being able to eat. excited to see what changes await once swelling drops a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a lot better too :) the chin bandage was just used to support my chin a little bit, I was supposed to keep it on for a few days but my surgeon told me to take it off as it wasn't doing its job once it got wet and covered in blood etc :)

      Hope you're ok!

      Delete
  4. You are looking good chick and different!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking good chick and different!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When could you brush your teeth with normal toothbrush?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! I have to fly at day 19 (not counting day of surgery). Did you fly? Looking for some folks that under went same surgery and flew so I can determine whether or not it's worth it. thank you!

    ReplyDelete